You won a bid you install a sewer line but in order to install this line you must dig a trench. You must dig a trench that is 4.5 feet wide, 965 feet long and 8 feet deep. How many cubic yards of soil must be excavated for the water main to be installed?
- Length x Width x Height=volume of soil in cubic feet
- The volume of soil in cubic feet divided by 27 cubic feet=Volume in cubic yards.
- 1 cubic yard=27 cubic feet
- 4.5ft x 960ft x 8ft=34,560 cubic feet
- 34,560 cubic feet / 27 cubic ft=1280 cubic yards